Sunday, September 10, 2006

I'll Drink to That

Even when in other countries , I continue to be fascinated by names. During a recent trip to Frankfurt, Germany - I was taking a leisurely stroll in the touristy pedestrian zone known as Zeil. There, I found a cafe by day, bar-lounge by night, that immediately made me homesick because it led me to thinking about the Philippines and some of its more prominent politicians ...

The food? Well ... I was really hungry. Besides, give me a vodka on the rocks, and everything to me is good. Just for price comparison - an order of spaghetti bolognese is 6,20Euros (about 400pesos), a gambas al ajilo is 7,50Euros (about 500pesos), a Heineken beer is 3.00Euros (about 198pesos), a vodka on the rocks is 6,00Euros (about 390pesos).

A toast to Philippine politics ... yup, I'll drink to that.

If you are in the area, its worth a visit.
Gagos Bar Lounge
112-114/Eb.7 , Franfurt, Germany

2 comments:

 gmirage said...

lol...hubby and I will surely laugh...and try this.

Daguldol Tarakatac III said...

Gizelle,
Thanks for droppin' by.
Having a laugh and a drink once in a while is great medicine

daguldol