Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Year of the Pig

I am at home ...
Sick
In bed
Chicken soup and a laptop is what today is all about

Time to catch up on tons of e-mail
Sometimes amid the piles of rubbish is an occasional gem
Here's one that kept me laughing till my fever dropped ...
It lists some totally useless and inane facts -
But then again , totally amusing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Did You Know...
If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
(Hardly seems worth it.)

If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
(think I know someone who could make TWO bombs!)

The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
(O.M.G.!)

A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.
(In my next life, I want to be a pig)

A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death.
(Creepy.)
(I'm still not over the pig.)

The flea can jump 350 times its body length - it's like a human jumping the length of a football field.
(30 minutes... lucky pig. can you imagine??)

The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.
(What could be so tasty on the bottom of the ocean?)

Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
(I still want to be a pig in my next life, or maybe a piglion)

Butterflies taste with their feet.
(Something I always wanted to know.)

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
(Hmmmmmm........in a woman maybe, they can't stop talking -
I know what my strongest muscle is)

Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.
(If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)

Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump.
(OK, so that would be a good thing, but why would they want to anyway?)

A cat's urine glows under a black light.
(I wonder who was paid to figure that out?)

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
(I know some people like that.)

Starfish have no brains.
(I know some people like that too.)

Polar bears are left-handed.
(If they switch, they'll live a lot longer.)

Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
(What about that pig??) ...........and I STILL cannot forget about that PIG !! "

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just stumble upon your blog site. A lot of entertaining and interesting things. I must admit I'm awed by your wit. I tried to build one for myself but I couldn't maintain it. More power to you and more to come.

Daguldol Tarakatac III said...

soulfire,
Thank you so much for stumbling by. I am so glad that you enjoy reading the stuff on the blog...
Blogging in many instances is a reflection of the blogger. I try to just be me ...
I hope that you will still be able to continue your own blog. If you do, get in touch - I will visit. In the meantime, please drop by again. And spread the word - the more readers the merrier ...