Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I Knew

The plane slowly came in for a landing
And even from the air -I knew

Brown rusty roofing
Filthy esteros
Garbage magically strewn in mystic corners
Vehicles at a standstill
Smog

I was home

I could hardly wait to feel the blast of heat
Sweat like a pig
Swat the flies away
Inhale the dust

Early evening gridlock
Car horns blasting for every unknown reason
Traffic enforcers pretending to control the roads
Jeepneys zipping in and out
Buses stopping wherever they want
Dilapidated cars proposing to be taxis
Mendicants tapping on my window
Graffiti
Stray cats, dogs ...
and ooooops even a rat crossing my path

Goshhhh - I missed home
I am so glad to be back.


2 comments:

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Fantastic! Your blog is well written and very interesting. I am glad I stopped by. :-)

Speedcat Hollydale

Daguldol Tarakatac III said...

Thank you for dropping by Speedie. I returned the favor and dropped by your blog. Interesting stuff "Gramps" .

Please continue to drop by every once in a while. My best regards to your "cutie" family ...