Sunday, May 13, 2007

Close The Little Light

Every night I still close the little light in my son's room
I tuck him in
Fix his pillow
Give him a hug
Kiss his forehead
Run my fingers through his hair

Okay okay ... so he's 20 years old now
And taller than me
But then, I guess that's just the mother in me ...

Mother ?
Okay okay ... so I am a man
But I propose that there is a little of every one's mother in us
Man or woman ...

Mothers ...
The flesh of our flesh
The blood of our blood
The soul of our soul

Nine months and a lifetime
Can't help but have some of her rub off on me
Sometimes I hear her coming out of my own mouth
I think her illogical logic
I feel her unconditional presence
I sense her inexplicable warmth

Today
I am all grown up
I am my own man
I wear the pants
I till the land
I carry the weight of life

But deep inside I know
I am my mothers son
I am she as she was me
And we are one together ...

So indulge me ..
For a few seconds each night, I become my mother
As I watch my own son
Sleeping peacefully
Bathed in the light of the moon
The promise of tomorrow before him


" No one's gonna hurt you
No one's gonna dare
Others can desert you
Not a worry, whistle I'll be there
Demons'll charm you with a smile for awhile
But in time
Nothing's gonna harm you
Not while I'm around Not while I'm around "

Barbra Streisand


Happpy Mothers Day Mom







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, I find empty pages in my album. Now I know where some of the pictures went. Aha!
Thanks for the Mother's Day Greetings and for the dinner and for the company. Love you lots.........Guess who?

Anonymous said...

i just came across this post and comment... awww, how sweet!

Daguldol Tarakatac III said...

Thanks for passing by passer-by.
Hope you pass by more often. Please pass the word for others to pass-by as well.

Thanks for the awww comment ... that shows that you too have a sweetness in you.