Monday, May 21, 2007

Consistent Fave

The Serendra commercial area in Fort Bonifacio is maturing. More and more shops and restaurants are opening. Some early favorites are feeling the pressure of competition from new openers. The foodie crowd spreads itself out as it tries out the various choices in the area.

A consistent fave however that seems to be doing well despite the challenge of newbies, is the Portico 1771 Restaurant. I had dinner there last night and the dining experience is as good as ever ... if not better.

Portico 1771 bills itself as a venue for "Global Asian Cuisine" - innovatively interpreted Asian fare done with French style culinary flair. It's easy, tasty and comfortable eating.

My menu faves?
Shrimp Cracker Salad
"shrimps, heart of palm, fried shallots, lemongrass, shredded lettuce plus green lemon mayo"
Tic Tac Prawns
"grilled prawns with unbelievably good sauce - extra virgin olive oil, pistachio nuts, oyster sauce and thyme"

The place itself is an architectural success in creating a comfortable, cozy dining experience. High ceilings, large windows, colorful paintings, warm tones, ceiling fans, and an attractive al fresco area make this place a winner.

I could go back there again and again ...
( especially since they gave me a discount card )

Portico 1771
Serendra Piazza
Bonifacio Global City
Taguig, Metro Manila
Tel: (63-2) 856-0581

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finished it!!! I got so glued to reading your blogs that I didnt do any work since I came back from lunch!!! hehe! Started from your valentines day post upto this one..

Im really so happy you're back.. Lookin forward to reading your new post tomorrow morning..

Hope to see you soon Tito E!

Kisses to Tita V too.. mwah!

Daguldol Tarakatac III said...

Thank you so much for dropping by. I truly appreciate your support for this blog which as you know is therapy for me.

I miss you too.
Stay in touch.
Let's do dinner soon - there is so much to talk about.

Anonymous said...

tara! let's go to one of these exciting places you write about..

Daguldol Tarakatac III said...

Yup - I will find a new place and then call you on my new SAMSUNG phone ...

Or should I invite you both??? - I haven't seen you in sooooo long that I am not sure if there is a significant other na ...

Kwento naman ...