My son casually sauntered into my room and lay down beside me as he does many times when he just wants to talk.
Father and son
Just a casual moment
Talking about everything and nothing
These are the moments that are truly priceless.
I treasured them through the years as my son grew up
Grew up - into the 20 year old that he is now
A 20 year old - all grown and ready for the world
But still " Dad's little boy" in my mind ...
And in my heart
"Dad, Dad" ... says he
"Listen to this pick-up line" ... he continues
"Uhmmmm , excuse me - is this seat taken? 'Coz I'm not ... "
"Hahahahaha - whadya think Dad? Whadya think?" - he asks as he anticipates a reaction
These are the memories I will carry with me till the last of my days
My son and I
In one of the many seriously comical moments we have had
I say ...
"Well - do you actually expect anyone to fall for that anak?
It is kinda' ... "
We realize that a girl would have to be crazy to even just respond to a line like that
We look at each other and crack up just laughing.
We spend the next hour exploring the most useless of pick-up lines and laughing at ourselves...
Father and son
Just enjoying life
Top Ten Pick-up Lines (that would never work)
1. Hi! I lost my phone number, can I have yours?
2. Screw me if I am wrong, but I really think that we have met before ...
3. If I told you that you had a hot body, would you hold it against me?
4. Excuse me, but do you think we could get something straight between us.
5. Sana letter "T" na lang ako -para I'm always right next to "U"
6. Naniniwala ka ba sa love at first sight? - Or gusto mong dumaan ulit ako?
7. Pwede bang magpa-picture na kasama ka? - Baka ma-develop tayo e!
8. Pinaglihi ka ba sa keyboard? - Kasi type kita e ...
9. Excuse me, are you Jamaican? - Kasi Ja-maican me crazy ...
10. Excuse me, posporo ka ba? Kasi posporo din ako - e di "match" tayo