Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Priceless












My son casually sauntered into my room and lay down beside me as he does many times when he just wants to talk.

Father and son
Just a casual moment
Talking about everything and nothing
Bonding
Laughing

These are the moments that are truly priceless.
I treasured them through the years as my son grew up
Grew up - into the 20 year old that he is now
A 20 year old - all grown and ready for the world
But still " Dad's little boy" in my mind ...
And in my heart

"Dad, Dad" ... says he
"Listen to this pick-up line" ... he continues
"Uhmmmm , excuse me - is this seat taken? 'Coz I'm not ... "
"Hahahahaha - whadya think Dad? Whadya think?" - he asks as he anticipates a reaction

These are the memories I will carry with me till the last of my days
My son and I
Together
In one of the many seriously comical moments we have had

I say ...
"Well - do you actually expect anyone to fall for that anak?
It is kinda' ... "
We realize that a girl would have to be crazy to even just respond to a line like that
We look at each other and crack up just laughing.
We spend the next hour exploring the most useless of pick-up lines and laughing at ourselves...

Father and son
Just enjoying life
Priceless ...



Top Ten Pick-up Lines (that would never work)

1. Hi! I lost my phone number, can I have yours?
2. Screw me if I am wrong, but I really think that we have met before ...
3. If I told you that you had a hot body, would you hold it against me?
4. Excuse me, but do you think we could get something straight between us.
5. Sana letter "T" na lang ako -para I'm always right next to "U"
6. Naniniwala ka ba sa love at first sight? - Or gusto mong dumaan ulit ako?
7. Pwede bang magpa-picture na kasama ka? - Baka ma-develop tayo e!
8. Pinaglihi ka ba sa keyboard? - Kasi type kita e ...
9. Excuse me, are you Jamaican? - Kasi Ja-maican me crazy ...
10. Excuse me, posporo ka ba? Kasi posporo din ako - e di "match" tayo






0 comments: