Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Apartment















It was a rainy evening.
I was looking for some place cozy
I didn't feel like I wanted to be in a glitzy restaurant
Neither in a the frenzy of a mall and its hundreds of hungry hordes

A comfort zone with comfort food
Where?

Apartment 1B is where ...















Located on the ground floor of one of the Salcedo Village condominiums in Makati, this charming nook has been architecturally treated to remind one of the old-style Manila apartments complete with a narrow stairway leading to a wonderful mezzanine that seats 40. A mix match of sofas, chairs and tables adds to the modernly nostalgic living room feel. This place exudes warmth and makes one feel at home right away ...















Owner Chef Marivic Diaz-Lim cooks up what is billed as "gourmet comfort food".
I benchmarked her Spaghetti Bolognese as well as her Beef Burger (with cheddar cheese and bacon).
Passed with flying colors .
I am planning a dinner there for 30 friends this weekend, so I guess I liked it ...

Ohhhhh ... they have a breakfast menu served till 3pm.
Great for weekend snoozers like me.






























Apartment 1B
Ground Floor
One Lafayette Square
132 LP Leviste cor. Sedeno Sts.
Salcedo Village, Makati
Tel. (63-2) 8434075

0 comments: