Thursday, April 12, 2007

Pay Later

A little boy asked his father,
"Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?"
and the father replied,
"I don't know, son, I am still paying for it."



Walking leisurely in the area of two churches I was visiting over the Lenten Week, I noticed a sign that got me really thinking...




Yes folks ... the sign says "Marry now Pay later"




I smiled and talked to myself like a fool ... "yup , I am still paying for it ... bigtime"

I looked around me and I noticed a small crowd forming ... looking at the sign, smiling and as if talking to themselves too. We all smiled at each other (like we do when we offer each other the sign of peace in church). We all instantly formed a universal bond ... I guess based on a universal understanding of what marriage is all about.
Hmmmmmmm ...



Bubup:
oh Ipe ... bakit ka parang malungkot,
10th wedding anniversary natin ngayon?
Ipe: Natatadaan mo noong nahuli tayo ng tatay mo
na naghahalikan sa may sala ninyo nung nanliligaw pa ako.
Ang sabi niya ay pakasalan daw kita o ipakukulong
niya ako ng sampung taon?
Bubup: Oh e - bakit ka malungkot e tumagal na
nga tayong kasal hanggang ngayon ?
Ipe: Wala lang ... naisip ko lang,
palabas na sana ako sa kulungan ngayon.

0 comments: