Sunday, April 08, 2007

It's Not About Eggs

The Lord is Risen.
Alleluia

Today is the culmination of the Lenten celebration.
The fulfillment of a prophecy .. a promise.
Christ rose ...
He died for our sins and then rose from the dead.
He ascended into Heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father .
Indeed, this was the Son of God

Believe and you are saved.

When I was a young father, Easter was a day for games. I used to watch my son gleefully run with his friends to hunt for eggs lovingly painted with ornate colors and designs by equally excited parents. It was fun but somehow spiritually empty.


Today - I can see better.
Not that I have better vision, rather I have lived more of life. Now I see that Easter is a day of joy not because of games to be played or feasts to be prepared but because it is the day of the Holy Resurrection.
It is a day of reflection
It is a day of renewal
It is a day of acceptance

It is all about Faith and Salvation.
It is not about bunnies and eggs.





John 11:25-26 (King James Version)

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life:
he that believeth in me, though he were dead,
yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.
Believest thou this?

1 comments:

Sidney said...

Happy Easter!