Sunday, April 22, 2007

Hiding

Yea, though I walk through
the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil: for thou art with me ;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Psalms 23:4









When well meaning friends encourage you to "find God" ... does that mean that God is hiding?

There were times in my Christian journey that I thought that maybe He was.

Shouting in my desperation
in my fear
in my sorrow
in my difficulty
in my confusion
... God, where are You ?

But I have been blessed with friends, family and Christian "brothers and sisters in the faith" who have been my angels in crisis. They have been the solid support that I have leaned on and the shoulders I have cried on. They have shepherded me to pastoral care and spiritual strengthening ... a journey to "find God".

And the journey has led me to indeed "find" Him.
And you know what, He was with me all along.
He never left.
He was there all throughout.
I didn't have to "find" Him - I just had to "see" Him, feel Him, hear Him, know Him, accept Him ...

He wasn't hiding. I just wasn't looking ...

Happy Sunday.

0 comments: