Thursday, January 22, 2009

Life Is Like That

At the end of every darkness is a sunrise that beckons to a new tomorrow.
I should have realized this much sooner ...
But it has taken all of 4 months of blogger silence for me to understand a lesson oft repeated through the ages

And so it is
And here I am ...
Happy New Year
Hello world
I am baaaaaaaaack (again)

Last September, I was in the pits
Life seemed absolutely out of control
Spinning towards what felt like an inevitable dead end
Maybe my fears were real
Maybe not
What was real however was the fact that I had lost my joie de vivre
Perhaps I had burned out
Whatever it was - I just had no passion for even life itself
And without passion - what was I to share with the world?
What was there to blog?

And so I went on a journey of self examination
Looking for myself within myself
Connecting with the past to find relevance in the present
Finding a part of me left by the wayside in my charge to the top

I found long lost friends
I connected with new and interesting people
I leaned on the stability of family
And relearned the lesson of Faith

I hope that today marks a continuing momentum
I only know that there are things I want to express ... again
There are words waiting to be said
Stories to be told
Experiences to shared

I thank you all, my cyberfriends - for standing by
For understanding
For being concerned
For waiting

I hope that I am really back
We never really know - life is like that
I - am like that
We can only move on and see

So ... stay tuned
Wine, food, places, life, humor and love
All are on Daguldol's plate
And I am ready to share again ...

10 comments:

 gmirage said...

Welcome back!!! ;) We're still here!

Unknown said...

hey, great to see you back! and good to know you made it after an interesting journey of self rediscovery. welcome back...

Daguldol Tarakatac III said...

luna and mirage2g,

Thanks talaga for being out there,
I hope all is well with you ...

dagul

Anonymous said...

You were right -- January was the month you would rediscover your passion. Inspired by what's going on in the US ;) "Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking [America]." Anyway, signing off till the next time you're in the pits. But always here, watching, supporting, loving you from a distance, and enjoying your blog.

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back! Life is full of ups and downs. The ups sustain us when the downs come.
Looking forward to your posts!.
Heidi

Anna said...

Yey! Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ninong Ernie,

I am super-glad that you are back. Have always been checking po on your blog and everytime I see that you are still in your "BATCAVE"- I kept praying that soon you will come out of your dug-out and spread your wings again. I miss you Ninong. Always remember Ninong, nothing and no one can put you down. Just always trust OUR LORD and HE WILL DO THE REST. Welcome back po. :)

Daguldol Tarakatac III said...

Thanks tess
I can always count on you and i truly appreciate that

Sidney said...

Glad you are back !
I guess we all pass through some lows in our lives.
Life can indeed be sh*t sometimes...

In any case I hope you don't need to return to your Batcave...

Anonymous said...

i don't know you.
this post, however, made a connection.
welcome back!
the journey still remains.