Sunday, May 11, 2008

Consistently Delicious

My mom is a neverending song
in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being.
I may sometimes forget the words
but I always remember the tune.

-Gracie Harmon -



Mother's Day
I sat across the table from Mom
Memories floated by
I looked at her and knew how blessed I had been in life
She had always been there

Never questioning
Always giving

Ever caring
Being Mom ...



We were having dinner at Felix - located in the swank Greenbelt 5
This new arrival at the tree-lined "outside" strip of the mall is starting to attract a loyal following
Enter a comfortable casually elegant dining niche
Here Chef Florabel Co ( chef to the stars) whips up a formidable array of wonderful Filipino-Continental fusion cuisine
Never confusing, always interesting, consistently delicious ...














































The menu is marked by culinary interpretations of names of places and people that apparently are significant to the imaginative chef

Picture this:
Gen San - devilishly spicy tuna with garden salad
Mactan - grilled prawns with dried scallops, chili cucumber, radish and XO sauce served with brown rice risotto and green asparagus
Gaithersburg
- braised short ribs with foie gras served with brown rice
And my most favorite of all ...
Farrah
- foie gras fried rice
Not to forget the "must try" dessert -
Julia
- a choco mani cake
(heaven for chocnut freaks like me)





































































Sounds interesting?
Looks interesting?

I recommend it
Truly worth a visit
Go
Have a wonderful dinner

And while you are at it,
Bump into some showbiz personas
(the grapevine says that Ben Chan of the Bench retail empire, as well as the Richard Gomez/Lucy Torres lovebirds are co-owners)

Fine dining
Great wine choices
A canopy of trees
And perhaps a glimpse of your favorite movie star
What better way to spend a special evening ...


(Happy Mother's Day Mom !)



Felix
Greenbelt 5, Legaspi Street
Ayala Center
Makati

(63-2) 729-9062


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to your sweetie and your Mom!

Anonymous said...

just curious... did you drink wine with your dinner? bagay ba? i've been wanting to try filipino-continental fusion but i don't want to waste the experience by ordering badly-paired wine.

Daguldol Tarakatac III said...

Rita,
Thanks so much ...

Hope things are well with you

dagul

Daguldol Tarakatac III said...

Chinkee,
Yes - if I remember right , I had a wonderful Riesling with my dinner.

They have a good wine list.
And the menu is really more extensive than my post reflects.

As with any dining experience, whether it be fusion or otherwise - the choice of wine pairing is important.

Chef Florabelle is very friendly and can easily be called for advice. The senior servers are also helpful.

Happy dining
Keep me posted.

daguldol

Anonymous said...

thanks for the info dagul! i have tried chef florabel's food at her podium resto once and i remember really enjoying my meal but have not returned since. glad to know that she has a makati resto now which would be more convenient for me. will surely keep you posted. cheers!

Gracie said...

Ooh sounds good! I will surely try the restaurant the next time I come for a visit.

Daguldol Tarakatac III said...

majik,
Thanks for dropping by.
There is much in the Philippines that remains good despite the bad ...

Food is one of them
I hope that your next trip is sooner rather than later.

daguldol

Anonymous said...

foie gras rice.... yumm...

Daguldol Tarakatac III said...

sakai,
Yes - foie gras rice
I flipped when chef florabel first offered it to me...

Try it
Let me know what you think

daguldol

Anonymous said...

It takes a long time before you blog shows up. You should learn the "Read More" technique.

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for reviewing this restaurant. changed my mind about eating there over the weekend kasi i didn't like the restaurant name hahaha. now it seems i missed a pretty good dining experience!

Daguldol Tarakatac III said...

anna blue,

I thought at first din that the name was kinda' ...
But the food speaks for itself
It works - at least for me

There is always next payday.
Have fun

dagul

ALiNe said...

Hmmm... Interesting place- thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

hi dagul! finally got to try it a few weeks back, and, unfortunately for me, my experience there was not as good as yours. the food was ok, but the service... holy @#$%! at least i got to see boy abunda... hahahaha!

looking forward to your next entry. its been a while!