Saturday, June 09, 2007

Go Ahead

It was a Friday ...
The night was young
We gathered at my friends apartment
It was our boy's night out

Never ending stories
Laughter
Back slapping
Lots of beer
"Pulutan"
More beer
More stories
More laughter
A very guy kind of evening

I got really drunk
Weak on my knees
The room was spinning
I was close to just being totally useless
The guys decided to lay me down on the couch and just let me spend the night there

Saturday noon
I went home
I rang the doorbell.
Wifey opened the door, and had that "psycho" look in her eyes
You could see her sweat rising in the form of steam on her forehead
Her fist was clenched in a classic boxer's form

"Where the f_ _ _ have you been?" - she shouts
Expecting a little understanding, I said - "Uhmmmm - I was just with the guys. I got really drunk"
Now with blood visibly rushing to her head , wifey shouts back - "HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF YOU DIDN'T SEE ME FOR A FEW DAYS ?????? "

Irritated by this nagging (and thinking that not seeing her for a few days was not really a threat but maybe even a blessing) - I answered back " GO AHEAD - DO YOU THINK I CARE ????"

Almost immediately - she disappeared.
I didn't see her for the rest of the day.
Sunday - she was nowhere in sight.
Monday - still no sign of her.
Tuesday - I didn't see her the whole day.

Wednesday - the swelling around my eye subsided a little and I could see her a little.
Thursday - I could see her in all her glory, apparently still fuming but with a wickedly triumphant smile on her face.

It took two weeks for my black-eye to heal completely.

"Anger is only one letter short of danger"
(Anonymous)

“Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”
(William Congreve)














0 comments: